Thursday, July 1, 2010

Recipe Thursday #15: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made Oatmeal Cookies for the very first time a few weeks ago. This apparently was shocking to my friends - they could not believe I had never made them before. But see, people always put raisins in them and I cannot eat raisins. It's not like I'm allergic or anything, they just creep me out. Yes, I know I am weird. I think that's already clearly established here. Any-who, here's the recipe I used. They were so good I want to make them again soon!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup white flour
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Directions

  1. In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and shortening on medium speed for about 30 seconds
  2. Add brown sugar and white sugar, mix well
  3. Add baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon, mix well
  4. Beat in eggs, one at a time
  5. Add vanilla, mix well
  6. Add flour, mix until well combined
  7. Stir in rolled oats with spoon
  8. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine
  9. Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet
  10. Bake at 365 degrees for 8-9 minutes
  11. Cool on wire racks and store in airtight containers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Related Posts with Thumbnails