Thursday, July 29, 2010

Recipe Thursday #18: Spanish Rice

This is another recipe handed down from my grandma to my mom to me. It's pretty quick and very easy to make, plus it's another one that allows room for your own variation. Whenever I make this, I make homemade tortilla chips and guacamole to go with it. My husband also loves to make breakfast burritos from the leftovers.

Spanish Rice

Ingredients

  • 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
  • 4-6 cups white or brown rice - cooked
  • 15 oz tomato sauce
  • Seasonings to your taste - we use salt, pepper, onion, paprika, crushed red pepper, cumin, and oregano
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded

Directions

  1. Cook beef or turkey with seasonings of your choice
  2. In large casserole dish, combine cooked rice, cooked meat, and tomato sauce
  3. Mix well
  4. Sprinkle cheese over top
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles


1 comment:

  1. yum! Im thinking this stuff, spooned over tortilla chips, with some jalapenos and sour cream on top...

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Related Posts with Thumbnails