Friday, November 12, 2010

Recipe Thursday #28: Puppy Chow

You are probably wondering two things: Why is she posting a Thursday recipe on Friday? And, why is she posting a recipe for dog food? Well, dear readers, I have been swamped!!! So yes, I am a day (actually a week) late. I do apologize. And, this is not a recipe for dog food! This is a recipe for some of the most addicting snack food I have ever had! I try to make this only at Christmas, as my poor husband can pretty much each the whole bowl in one sitting. But this year, I was craving it early...something about this nice cold wintery weather we're having here. This is easy to make and doesn't take much time. But it also doesn't take long for us to run out. Hope you enjoy!

Puppy Chow

Ingredients

  • 9 cups Crispix cereal
  • 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Directions

  1. Pour cereal into very large mixing bowl
  2. Add peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips to small microwave safe bowl (I used a glass measuring cup)
  3. Melt peanut butter mixture in microwave for 1 minute, then stir to combine
  4. Pour melted mixture over cereal in bowl and stir well to make sure all pieces are evenly coated
  5. Sprinkle powdered sugar over mixture (1/2 cup at a time) and stir well to make sure all pieces are evenly coated
  6. Store in airtight container until serving


2 comments:

  1. youre poor husband, my behind! lol... there is nothing poor about the man :)

    and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this stuff... omg. its SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I could eat this every day. It's like manna from heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

Related Posts with Thumbnails