This was another fabulous Pinterest find! My hubster's favorites are Snickerdoodles, so when I saw this cake, I knew it was a must-try. I think he's still in a sugar heaven from eating this thing!
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups bakers' sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans with parchment paper, butter and flour the sides. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition
- Add vanilla and combine
- Alternately add portions of the milk and the flour mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat well between each addition.
- Divide batter equally between pans and bake for 35 minutes, or until cakes pass toothpick test
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and place back on rack to finish cooling
- Level each layer, then cut each layer into to thinner layers.
- Frost & serve
Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Buttercream
- 2 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup half & half
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until fluffy
- Add vanilla extract and combine
- Add 6 cups of the powdered sugar and beat, starting on low speed and moving up to high speed
- Add half & half and mix until well-combined
- Add remaining 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat, starting on low speed and moving up to high speed
- Continue mixing until well-combined. Store in airtight container in fridge until ready to use.