Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mistress Mary, Quite Contrary, How does your garden grow?

One of the reasons my nearest and dearest started calling me "Martha" was because of my two tiny green thumbs. I like to garden...OK, I LOVE to garden. My dad is my inspiration. He has always created beautiful landscapes and backyard paradises from just plain dirt. When I was little, I'd spend hours working in the yard with him and our trusty yellow tabby, JR. I now have this deep desire to grow beautiful and amazing things. So thanks, Dad! Without your insight and help, my thumbs would probably be black like Mom's!

What I am growing this year:
Apricots, apples (Fuji, Jonah Gold, Granny Smith, and Gala), strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes (beef steak and hybrid), peppers (jalapenos and serranos), onions, spinach, buttercrunch lettuce, basil, chives, cilantro, oregano, and parsley.

That's all in addition to my regular flower garden (roses, lilies, tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, gladioli, alliums, muscari, peonies, dahlias, hydrangeas, geraniums, azaleas, and camellias).

Yeah, I told you I LOVE to garden! Stay tuned to the blog all spring and summer for updated pics of all that's growing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Related Posts with Thumbnails