Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Recipe Thursday #5 - Peanut Butter Delights

OK, I know it's Wednesday. Yes, this post is almost a week late. I do apologize for the delay. The aforementioned life waste has been keeping me down. But, I am back and I hope I will have you all as regulars again! Here's a recipe to make up for the lack of a recipe last Thursday. It's my own spin on a peanut butter cookie!

Peanut Butter Delights

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Directions
Mix butter and shortening until creamy. Add egg and mix well. Then add sugar and vanilla and mix. In separate bowl, mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Then add peanut butter and mix well.

Dough can be scooped or rolled for cookie cutters. If scooping, I like to use a floured fork to lightly press the cookies down after they are scooped onto the baking sheet. Then I sprinkle the tops with a little white sugar. Then I bake them in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes and cool on a wire rack.

These are lighter than a regular peanut butter cookie, but so good. Sometimes I add chocolate chips to them...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Related Posts with Thumbnails