I know I know, it's Friday. But here's the post for Recipe Thursday #7! These are my hubby's second favorite dessert!
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp white sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together shortening, butter, and sugar. Add in eggs, one at a time. Add in vanilla. Mix well.
3. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
5. In small bowl, mix together additional sugar and cinnamon.
6. Roll the dough into 1 to 1.5 inch balls and roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes (lightly browned but still soft).
8. Cool on wire racks and store in air tight containers.