Friday, September 24, 2010

Recipe Thursday #24: Crockpot Beef Stew

Yes, I am hanging my head in shame since this is a day late. You can all scorn me as you see fit! Here's yesterday's recipe! I actually made it yesterday and I wanted to see how it turned out before I recommended it to you all. Obviously since I am posting it - it turned out great! It started with a recipe shared by a great friend, Clara, and I made a few modifications to it. Also, I made some beer bread to go with it - yummo!!

Crockpot Beef Stew

Ingredients

  • 3 pounds beef stew meat
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 medium onion - finely chopped
  • 1 - 14 ounce can low sodium beef broth
  • 3 medium gold potatoes - diced
  • 4 carrots - peeled and sliced

Directions

  1. Place meat in large greased slow cooker
  2. In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour, salt, and pepper
  3. Pour flour mixture over meat and stir to coat meat with mixture
  4. Stir in paprika, oregano, and crushed red pepper
  5. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, onion, potatoes, carrots, and beef broth
  6. Add bay leaf to top of mixture
  7. Cover and cook on low setting for 10 hours or on high setting for 6 hours
  8. 15 minutes before stew is done cooking, add remaining 1/4 cup flour and stir to thicken broth
  9. Before serving, remove bay leaf and discard


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

Related Posts with Thumbnails