Pinterest is like the greatest thing ever! It's been my major time-suck lately. But, it's also renewed my creative spirit when it comes to baking, cooking, organizing, and decorating my home. Most importantly, it's where I saw the recipe for Red Velvet Swirl Cheesecake Brownies! There are so many yummy parts of that recipe title - I don't even know where to start! I knew I had to make them right away - you know, to test them for you guys! I made a couple changes to the recipe (like repositioning the words in the title), but overall they were super easy to make. And having just scarfed down a giant bite of one, I can definitely say they are beyond divine!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
Red Velvet Layers
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I prefer Hershey's)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp red food coloring
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 large eggs, blended
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 8x8 baking dish, set aside
- In medium mixing bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Combine well.
- Add cocoa powder, salt, red food coloring, and vinegar. Combine well.
- Add blended eggs. Combine well.
- Add flour and stir gently until well combined.
- Pour 3/4 of the batter into prepared baking dish, reserve remaining 1/4 of batter, set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over red velvet mixture in prepared dish. Spread cream cheese mixture to create even layer.
- Add reserved red velvet batter over cream cheese layer and spread.
- Swirl through all three layers with a butter knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely, cut into squares, and refrigerate before serving.